Extreme Web Surfs!
Wednesday, September 01, 2004
 
A FEW ORGANIZED CRIME LINKS



I am not one to romanticize crime or criminals. I work in a drug rehab, and am all too familiar with the real cost in shattered lives of their activities. Yet, I grew up in Rhode Island, where there was a legendary mob which derived most of its income from gambling. Today, the convenience store at the corner does a bigger daily take in instant lottery tickets than the neighborhood bookies of my youth ever did. But those were the good old days of organized crime. We had a real 'Godfather' (pictured) and if you were respectful, you really could go and ask nicely to have your kid's stolen bike returned, and if you passed muster, it came back with new tires and a horn. Paradoxically, as law enforcement has acheived quite a bit of success in destroying the Italian mafia, the lucrative field of crime has opened up to a complex myriad of groups from around the world..

There's Jamiacan posses..

El Salvadorian Gangs

..and even an Israeli Mafia. A deeper look coming when I'm in the mood..

My wife likes to talk to me during sex. Just last night, she called me from a hotel..
Rodney Dangerfield


Powered by Blogger