Extreme Web Surfs!
Monday, August 09, 2004
 
MONDAY COMIC RELIEF



The Imp - Life in Hell

Rehabilitating Mr. Wiggles - nice strip about a deviant teddy bear..

Bad Bunny

Hair of the Dawg - nice site with lots of Flash. No updates lately, as the cartoonist was shipped off to Iraq with his National Guard unit..

I've added to my blogroll this editorial cartoon blog from Commentary page.. Among the better people working in that genre is Ann Telnaes, who won a Pulitzer Prize a few years back..

And, while I'm in the socially redeeming value mode, here's some cartoons from the Civil War and Reconstruction era, and here's some from WWI..

OK, enough of that. Now for one of the most hilarious -yet strangely touching - pages that I've read all week. A story of how one guy decided to save on vet bills, and give his cat, Fred, an enema..

And here's a site devoted to badly drawn cats..

And here's some BIG sites for the 'standards'. Toonopedia has info about almost every commercial comic written in the US; and for Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, go here..

"I always wanted to be somebody, I should have been more specific."
Lily Tomlin



Powered by Blogger