Extreme Web Surfs!
Sunday, July 18, 2004
 
TIME FOR A BREATHER

I will continue with my 'Armed Forces' series of posts, but feel the need to relax a bit, and catch up on some varied things that struck me over the last few days..
 



Through one of the newest additions to my blogroll, The Anger of Compassion, I found a link to a list in The Scotmans of the 100 most beautiful women of all time.  Obviously, a list we could all find room to argue with! However, Audrey Hepburn, the choice for number 1, does deserve to be somewhere near the top. The devotion of her fans is shown by the fact that two of the nicest tribute sites I've ever found for an actress are devoted to her: L'Ange des Enfants , and this site as well..
 
And if the subject of the 100 most beautiful women does nothing for you at all, cheer up! The Extreme Web Surfer hasn't forgotten you! How about 'Queer Horror' - gays, lesbians and transgendered in horror films?
 



Or that classic 'coming out' story, 'Rusty is a Homosexual'?

Maybe you're seeking some really good poetry. Try Yusef Komunyakaa..
 
Richard Pryor's website is worth visiting, if only for its name!
 
If you're in the mood for state of the art Flash, visit Tokyo PlasticYayashin, or Tokidoki..
 
Finally, when the Roto-Rooter folks care enough to give us a Java plumbing game online, I for one, feel obliged to link to it..
 
The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action.
Frank Herbert

Powered by Blogger