Extreme Web Surfs!
Monday, July 26, 2004
 
RUSSIAN & POLISH ART  



Russian Avant Garde

Golden Age of Icons

Wassily Kandinsky

Illustrations from Russian Fairy Tales   (good stuff!)

Polish Painting Masterpieces - really nice project, over 640 works up in decent resolution image files..

Although strictly an unschooled novice in art appreciation, I enjoy it immensely. It has broadened my mind and soul. However, one thing which has broadened me much more than that is my appreciation for tasty food, so I'll finish with some nice Russian and Polish recipe sites!

Komar's Russian Recipes

Marianna's Recipes - this is a site with a bit of a twist; Marianna is a Finn of Russian heritage, and the recipes here stem from the interplay of the two cuisines..

Sharon's Polish Recipes

Bitsy's Kitchen Polish Recipes

The word 'compositon' moved me spiritually and I made it my aim in life to paint a composition. It affected me like a prayer and filled me with awe.
Wassily Kandinsky

Powered by Blogger