Extreme Web Surfs!
Friday, July 30, 2004
 
A FEW NICE ONES

Somehow, on Friday nights I often find myself without the usual energy to search and post. Nevertheless, I like to have SOMETHING new here, to reward your journey. So here's this week's 'lazy post'.

The Caves of Lascaux - the pinnacle of Gallic civilization...

Roman Empire - megasite, to be accurate one should note it includes much pre-Imperial stuff too..

Good site on Islamic science, philosophy during its medieval heyday..

Decameron Web - this site, maintained by the Italian Studies Department at Brown University, which I walk through daily, is a model of its kind..

Nice African Sculpture Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

..and, while wasting time at work today, I found this fascinating collection of memories of participants in Uganda's 'Bush War' in the post Idi Amin years..

And now, a good night's rest so I can be inspired over the weekend!

If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation. Chuang Tzu


Powered by Blogger