Extreme Web Surfs!
Thursday, May 13, 2004
 
LINKS FROM OTHER BLOGS

Something a bit different tonight: a half a dozen links taken from an equal number of 'links blogs' which I read myself. Now, I'm not talking about Brent's Blog, or Beth's Blog, or Christopher's Blog or Maarten's Blog. You folks are regular visitors, and I keep up with your blogs daily (well, Maarten's is now more of an archive, but were I less ethical, I could easily draw a month's worth of posts from it!). However, you'll see in my blogroll at the right that there are numerous other blogs I consider worth visiting. Several of these provide great links, so I'll give you a few samples.

Some of these guys have better looking blogs,with more links.They're obviously smarter, sexier, and wealthier than me. So I'm counting on your loyalty, folks, not to abandon the old Extreme Web Surfer..:) That, and the certain 'je ne sais pas quoi' that I alone possess..

I learned about this years cicada cycle at the Waterboro Library blog. This blog is unique, head and shoulders above the often pretentious pack of literary blogs..

Flags of the World Graded! Funny and insightful.. I found it at 'The Glory of Carniola' a excellent blog by an ex-pat living in Slovenia. It transcends its subject matter, as the writer is so wryly humorous, warm and informative. He jokes a lot about them, but it becomes obvious in no time that he's come to love this irascible and quirky people most of us know little about..

Mr. Picassohead is a great Flash project, and example of the wide selection you'll find daily at The Ultimate Insult. This guy knows how to comb the web for stuff he likes - and most of us will like it too!

Voting is for Old People? - a bit of social commentary found at Snarkout. Snarkout features thoughtful, link-loaded postings, usually on a single theme, of a type I greatly admire. A blog you can visit and know you'll come away having learned something..

Barbelith is a huge message board devoted to esoteric (read;subgenius) topics. Found it at Linklicht a cutting edge, part Dutch, part English, all interesting blog. This guy did me the honor of a small feature month's back!

How many of these classics of literature can you identify based upon their first lines?
Found this at 'Other Crap' , a blog whose consistent quality gives the lie to its prosaic name!

If we are to achieve a richer culture, rich in contrasting values, we must recognize the whole gamut of human potentialities, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse human gift will find a fitting place.
Margaret Mead

Powered by Blogger