Extreme Web Surfs!
Saturday, January 10, 2004
 
A DISORGANIZED ASSORTMENT!

I've been finding lots I like today, but not in neat groupings. So I'll just hurl them out there, take what you like, leave the
rest..

New York Turtle and Tortoise Society



and not to be outdone..

California Turtle and Tortoise Society

I realized that many here, although they've seen my links to Maarten's blog, and heard him mentioned, are not aware that he administrates a virtual cyber empire of agave sites. Check it out, starting here..

Balalaika site, and Balalaika music download links..

UGLY

Beauty is only skin deep, but UGLY lasts forever! Or something like that..

Ugly Couch Contest

Ugly Bathroom Contest

Ugly Toe Contest

Ugly Bridesmaid Dresses - though an obscure topic, this one is rather well put together, by a girl who obviously finds said items hugely and personally offensive!

Ugly Dog Contest

Ugly Cat Contest

I just have to pass along, while searching for that last one, I came across this story, Ugly the Cat, plastered all over the web. It's meant to be heartwarming, etc., but man, I didn't know whether to slit my wrists or just die laughing! It's AWFUL! I was reminded of Oscar Wilde's quote about Dickens' "The Olde Curiosity Shop" : One must have a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing.

Well, ugly or not, how about Bad Academic Writing?



Links to 402 Simpson's Sites (come back now, ya hear?)

Mugshots of the Rich and Famous , and another site of them, from that greatest of sleaze sites, The Smoking Gun

Bonsai Pages

A Word Lover's Site

Jane Austen Pages - although the world she wrote about seems like another planet, I have always loved her brilliant and humerous characterizations..

The British Empire , and a fascinating bit of it, The White Rajahs

Another good hippie site, by a friend of this guy, who also maintains this site (excellent comics history and graphix stuff)

San Francisco Art Museums

VEY IZ MIR!

Jewish Humor

Israeli Comic Strip

Marx Brothers

Andrew Dice Clay - go to the nursery rhymes!(rated 'X")

And finally, a really good quotation site.. I'll wrap up with one I found there..

"A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of. "
Burt Bacharach



Powered by Blogger