Extreme Web Surfs!
Sunday, December 07, 2003
 
FOOLS AND SUCH



The art of 'clowning around' is indeed an ancient and noble one. See for yourself..

Fools as Mythbearers

Medieval Jesters

Foolwear

Russian Fools

More Jesters


EPHEMERA COLLECTORS

Though parts of this site are commercial, it contains many excellent articles and galleries as well..

MORE OUTSTANDING CONDUCTORS

Furtwangler

Mravinsky

Walter

Klemperer

..in finding the above pages, I was struck with the debt we owe to Japanese music lovers for their diligence in cataloging, and in hosting these sites. It is a often stated axiom in the American jazz community that many great artists of the genre would have starved were it not for the enthusiasm of Japanese fans; it seems they support Western classical music in as wholehearted a manner..

So here's a PBASE ALBUM dedicated to them: Kyoto

..and while I'm at it, here's a wonderful bunch of albums of American Autumn Colors

NEW ENGLAND BOILED DINNER

When I read this page, a warm feeling of nostalgia - and a fit of laughter - overtook me. Like the author's, MY mother was a wonderful woman, deeply missed - but no cook! In fact, I wondered if my brother had a pseudonym, so accurately did this guy describe the meal!

As I ventured into the 'great big world' , I sought most of all to escape her culinary straitjacket. No food was too spicy, too exotic, too 'unlike Mom's' for me to try. Strangely, as I plummet into middle age, I find myself delighted when I get the chance to have a meal such as the "NE Boiled Dinner" again - and fortunately, there are some folks who can cook it fairly palatably, as evidenced here..

MONASTIC VIRTUAL TOURS AND TREASURES

Simply wonderful site here

It led me also to these sites on the:

Treasures of Mount Athos , and

Medieval Bulgarian Manuscript Treasures

A SLAMMIN' LOVECRAFT SITE!

Rlyeh! ..lots of "flash" ,sound, graphics. An experience..

ANN HUTCHINSON, ANTNOMIAN

Another one of the reprobates who wound up in colonial Rhode Island, Ann has become something of a 'poster girl' for present day feminists..

Record of her Massachusetts Trial

..and, if you wonder what she advocated that was so bad, well ,read here

"The Irish don't know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it."

Sidney Littlewood

Powered by Blogger