Extreme Web Surfs!
Monday, December 22, 2003
 
CIRCUSES AND SIDESHOWS

Well, Maarten sent me along a few links to circus related stuff, thinking apparently they'd fit better here. So I'll post them, and then sink deeper into some sideshow freak stuff of my own!



Roddy Circus

Old Circus Postcards

Circus World Museum

Circus Web

Sideshow Central Great starting point to explore this subculture..

The following links all have some connction to Gibsonton, Florida. A MOST unusual retirement community..

Freak Show, by Cliff Bostock

The Trade Festival

William Burkhart (nice write-up upon his death at age 94)

JULIUS

Oh yes, Maarten also requested I pass on these links about Julius, a talented kid from the Nairobi slums who was given a camera by Dutch TV, and has "taken off' with it.. Julius 1 ; Julius 2

ERASERHEAD

The Movie

The Weirdo Press

DECONSTRUCTING DECONSTRUCTIONISM

Robert Locke's Article

Derrida at Hebrew University of Jerusalem

hey, I don't HAVE to present a fair and balanced view! It's MY Blog! And I REVEL IN my presuppositions and biases!

NICE PBASE GALLERIES

Cats

Minimalist Works by Robert Plant (..I don't know, ask him..)

Stockholm


"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."

Mohandas K. Gandhi

Powered by Blogger