Extreme Web Surfs!
Saturday, November 08, 2003
 
GUSTAVE DORE

Famed for his illustrations of Dante, the Bible, and Don Quixote , here are three sites devoted to his work.

Overview

Dante

Bible


MITES - THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Dust Mites

More Mites

AND WHAT ABOUT MARMITE?

A British lady friend introduced me to this esoteric treat, and I've found that it is not just a food, it's a cultural icon..

Marmite

Marmite FAQ

I Love Marmite

Speaking of food and culture, this is in interesting site on food, gender and meaning (in Charlotte, NC)

This site led me to a recipe for Cambodian Spring Rolls, which I've developed a taste for as I live in a town with lots of Khmer ex-patriates, I searched for more Cambodian recipes, secure in the knowledge that at least one reader of this blog is adventurous enough to try a few ( if he doesn't already know them, that is..)

While searching for more, I ran across this guy's page: Clay which includes Cambodian and much more...

OK, how about: The Scoop on Poop

Bonsai Kittens

Aliens Stole My Pants!

Things That Don't Work

Those Quirky Japanese!


Another great and distictive conductor I have always admired is Sir Thomas Beecham ; he not only was a red hot interpreter, and early champion of Delius and Sibelius, he also was a noted wit! For example, his snipe at folk dancing is still quoted...

Language Museum - samples of many...

Finally, an opinionated, funny and well-constructed site: Heisenberg's Funhouse


"An improper mind is a perpetual feast." Logan Pearsall Smith




Powered by Blogger